Thermal Performance of HCFC-22 Blown Extruded Polystyrene Insulation / DW. Yarbrough, RS. Graves, JE. Christian
- Conference Author:
- Insulation Materials: Testing and Applications, 2nd Volume (2nd : 1991 : Gatlinburg, TN)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Christian, JE., Graves, RS., Yarbrough, DW., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A closed-cell foamboard insulation containing chlorodifluoromethane (HCFC-22) has been monitored in the laboratory and in the field for about three years. Experimental data for this developmental extruded polystyrene insulation has been obtained in two laboratories using three apparatuses. A correlation of apparent thermal conductivity with time gives the thermal resistivity of the two-inch-thick unfaced foamboards to within 3% with 95% confidence. A thermal resistivity of 30.2 m¿̐ưK/W (4.36 ft2¿̐ưh¿̐ư¿̐ưF/Btu¿̐ưin) was calculated from the correlation for time equal 180 days after manufacture. Based on three years of data, the predicted thermal resistivity is 27.6 m¿̐ưK/W (3.98 ft2¿̐ưh¿̐ư¿̐ưF/Btu¿̐ưin) as time since manufacture becomes large. Field measurements confirm the decrease with time of the thermal resistivity that was observed in the laboratory.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1991, Issue 1116 (January 1991)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803151741 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 17.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1991. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006033