Evaluation of Carbonaceous Adsorbent Coated Fabric as a Barrier to Pesticide Penetration for Dermal Exposure Reduction in Pesticide Application / EP. Easter, MA. Koals
- Conference Author:
- Performance of Protective Clothing: Fourth Volume (4th : 1991 : Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Easter, EP.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The purpose of the research was to assess the barrier protection of carbonaceous adsorbent coated fabrics to pesticide penetration using three pesticides at three levels of exposure. The fabric helsasafe¿̐ư was a three component, textile/adhesive/adsorber structure, employing Ambersorb¿̐ư adsorbent, a patented synthetic adsorbent resulting from pyrolysis of macroreticular polymer beads. A pesticide spray chamber delivered a controlled amount of pesticide solution to the fabric samples. The analysis was completed by extracting the pesticide residue from the fabric with hexane. High performance liquid chromotography (HPLC) analysis enabled the detection of pesticides at the ppm level. The results showed that helsasafe¿̐ư 503045 and 502666 provided complete barrier protection for one pass exposure levels for all three pesticides. These two fabrics also provided complete barrier protection for two and three pass exposures of the pesticide Chlorobenzilate¿̐ư. In addition, the same two fabrics provided complete barrier protection in the majority of replications for the other two pesticides at two and three pass exposures. Also, all three helsasafe¿̐ư fabrics provided better barrier protection to the pesticide Terrazole¿̐ư than the six denim fabrics used for comparison.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1133 (January 1992)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006078