Activities of CEN TC 162 WG2 : Clothing for Protection Against Heat and Flame / R. Cole
- Conference Author:
- Performance of Protective Clothing: Fourth Volume (4th : 1991 : Montreal, Quebec, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Cole, R., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- European Economic Community directive 89/686 is intended to harmonise Safety at Work legislation throughout Europe. It sets out basic Health and Safety requirements and standardised certification procedures. CEN TC 162 was established in April 1989 with the task of producing the necessary standards for protective clothing by 1992. WG2 of TC 162 deals with Clothing for Protection against Heat and Flame. It has, as far as possible, adopted existing ISO test procedures as a basis for the new performance requirements. However, there are problems with the interpretation of the requirements of the directive in terms of precise standards.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1992, Issue 1133 (January 1992)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803151949 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1992. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006082