Fatigue and Impact Testing of Welded Products / T. M. Jasper
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Welding (1931 : Pittsburgh)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Jasper, T. M., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Fatigue and impact testing on a material do not correlate until the energy of the impact blow approaches a very small value. Single-blow impact results plotted against typical fatigue values for steel are very well illustrated by Fig. 1. Repeated light-blow impact test results plotted against fatigue values are shown in Fig. 2 and indicate a less scattered result. When still lighter impact blows are applied the correlation becomes very much closer. This is brought out in a discussion by J. M. Lessells of the Westinghouse Electric and Manufacturing Co., and is shown in Fig. 3. Figures 1 and 2 are plotted from the results of the Fatigue of Metals Investigation obtained at the University of Illinois and sponsored by the National Research Council.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1931, Issue 11 (January 1931)
- 9780803169777 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1931. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006346