Biomechanical Measurements : Pedestrian Coefficient of Friction / BE. Gray, RD. Jablonsky, H. Yoshida
- Conference Author:
- Slips, Stumbles, and Falls: Pedestrian Footwear and Surfaces (1989 : Denver, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Gray, BE.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A physical measurement procedure is described for high production data generation and evaluation of the biomechanical coefficient of friction required for a large spectrum of pedestrians involving multiple footwear, substrate, and gait velocities. The testing technique and method of analysis of the collected data can be utilized in evaluation of the biomechanical coefficient of friction for the multiple degrees of freedom of the pedestrian gait model. It is hoped that such a test method will help standardize the collection of force plate data as they relate to shoe-floor interaction. For the range of gait velocities tested the data collected appear to lend support to the hypothesis that a factor of safety exists for the static coefficient of friction (COF) which is set forth in ASTM Designation D 2047 as providing nonhazardous walkway surfaces.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1103 (January 1990)
- 9780803151567 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 3.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006360