Reactor Spectra Considerations in Radiation Effects Predictions / J. Romanko
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Radiation Effects and Radiation Dosimetry (1960 : )
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Romanko, J.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- A brief discussion is given on the specification of reactor differential flux spectra for both neutrons and gamma rays, specifically on the differential flux spectra of a typical light-water-moderated reactor, the Ground Test Reactor. Following this, calculations of displacement production rates in crystalline solids such as metals and semiconductors for various specifications of the neutron flux spectrum are given. Examples are chosen to illustrate the relative importance of the various energy groups of neutrons. The extent of the errors introduced in the calculations, when incorrect specifications of flux spectra are used, is indicated. The importance of specifying differential gamma flux spectra in radiation damage studies concerning organics is stressed briefly.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1960, Issue 286 (January 1960)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 15.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1960. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006403