Quality Control and Inspection / FJ. Hanrahan
- Conference Author:
- Papers on Building Constructions Symposium on Wood in Building Constructions Symposium on Methods for Testing Building Constructions (1959 : San Francisco, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hanrahan, FJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- Quality control, inspection, and identification of product as applied to the manufacture of structural glued-laminated lumber and to the fabrication and assembly of both sawn and glued-laminated lumber in the engineered timber construction field are outlined. The problem of developing and installing a practical, effective system is discussed from the over-all industry viewpoint. This includes analyzing the need, determining the approach best adapted to these custom-built products and highly specialized operations, ascertaining what is permissible from the legal standpoint, discussion of some of the technical problems involved, and refinement of standards. Each firm will maintain continuous specified quality control operations. The American Institute of Timber Construction will provide inspection to assure that adequate quality control is maintained, and also will provide a means for identifying products produced under quality control procedures which will assure conformance to the applicable standards and specifications.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1960, Issue 282 (January 1960)
- 0803155956, 9780803155954, and 9780803155961 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1960. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006491