Predicting Creep Behavior of Silicon Nitride Components Using Finite Element Techniques / JA. Wade, CS. White, FJ. Wu.
- Conference Author:
- Life Prediction Methodologies and Data for Ceramic Materials (1993 : Cocoa Beach, FL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Wade, JA., White, CS., Wu, FJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The creep of silicon nitride tensile specimens has been modeled and incorporated into finite element software to predict the behavior of structural components. The experimental results are for the creep deformation of HIP'ed, yttria-doped silicon nitride at temperatures up to 1400¿̐ưC. Results are for both homogeneous and joined specimens. This experimental data base was modeled using two approaches: Arrhenius law representation of the steady state phase, and theta projection method representation of both primary and secondary stages. The Arrhenius law has been incorporated into commercial finite element software and used to predict the creep deformation behavior and time to failure for a simulated component represented by a notched tensile specimen.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1201 (January 1994)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006517