Damage Tolerance of Toughened Resin Graphite Composites / CF. Griffin
- Conference Author:
- Toughened Composites (1985 : Houston, Texas)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Griffin, CF., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The weight savings potential of graphite composites for wing structures in transport aircraft is directly related to design strength values. These values must reflect the influence of defects, notches, impact damage, and environmental conditions on material strength. Within the last several years, improvements have been made in the constituents of graphite/epoxy composites. Fiber tensile strengths have increased and tougher resins have been formulated. Tension, impact, and compression tests were conducted on several of these advanced materials to evaluate their performance. Based on these tests, it was concluded that increased values for design allowable tensile strength can be obtained. However, similar increases in compressive strength allowables cannot be obtained until additional improvements are made to resin matrices.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 937 (January 1987)
- 9780803150027 (e-ISBN), 9780803109346, and 0803109342
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006743