Tribological Models for Solid/Solid Contact : Missing Links / SL. Rice, FA. Moslehy
- Conference Author:
- Tribological Modeling for Mechanical Designers (1990 : San Francisco, CA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Rice, SL., Moslehy, FA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- This paper presents a brief overview of the tribological information which mechanical designers need, such as equations to predict frictional forces and wear rates. This is contrasted with the forms of result that typify wear testing in research, for example, comparative rates which are meaningful only for the apparatus used. And while the ¿̐ưsystems nature¿̐ư of tribology is well known by researchers, there is a natural tendency to overlook at least some complexities as attempts are made to isolate particular contact phenomena. Thus, both designers and researchers seek simplicity in problems which are inherently complex.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1991, Issue 1105 (January 1991)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803151659 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1991. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006801