International Business, Codes, and Material Specifications / M. Gold
- Conference Author:
- Steel Forgings: Second Volume (1996 : New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Gold, M., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The nature of the business environment of large forging manufacturers and users has changed significantly in the twelve years since the first ASTM forging symposium. The largely domestic nuclear market has become a global fossil and petrochemical market. Further, the primary market is on the other side of the world from North America. To participate in this market, original equipment manufacturers are required to form joint ventures, with manufacturers in customer's countries, just to obtain market access. This has a significant effect on how their businesses operate, on the construction codes to which they design and build equipment, and on material sources and materials specifications they are required to use to be competitive. There will also be significant changes required in ASME construction codes and ASTM materials specifications, if North American manufacturers are to continue to use these and still compete effectively.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1997, Issue 1259 (January 1997)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1997. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28006910