Experiences with Bituminous Paving Technician Training and Certification in Pennsylvania / DW. Christensen, A. Stonex, T. Ramirez
- Conference Author:
- Hot Mix Asphalt Construction: Certification and Accreditation Programs (1998 : Nashville, Tennessee)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Christensen, DW., Ramirez, T., Stonex, A., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access. and Subscription required for access to full text.
- In 1995 the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) decided to develop and implement a training and certification program for bituminous technicians. A committee of engineers from various organizations developed plans for the first series of courses, which were conducted in the winter of 1996. In the first year of training, seven field technician courses and three plant technician courses were presented. Related intensive laboratory courses were given on Superpave and Marshall mix design. Over 1,800 people had participated in the program as of March 1998; PennDOT, in conjunction with the Northeast Center of Excellence for Pavement Technology (NECEPT), is continuing to develop and refine this training and certification program to improve its effectiveness.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1999, Issue 1378 (January 1999)
- 0803126190, 9780803126190, and 9780803154131 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 8.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition., Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., and Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1999. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28007120