South Carolina's Experience with Certification and Accreditation / SN. Amirkhanian
- Conference Author:
- Hot Mix Asphalt Construction: Certification and Accreditation Programs (1998 : Nashville, Tennessee)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (8 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Amirkhanian, SN.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Approximately five years ago, the SC DOT started the certification process for their asphalt program. The DOT decided to conduct all of its courses and the certification program at Clemson University. Initially, there was only one certification course (i.e., Marshall Method of Mix Design). Presently, there are five different courses, including: HMA QC Technician (Level 1); Marshall Method of Mix Design (Level 2); Superpave Mix Design (Level 2S); QA/QC Manager (Level 3); and Roadway Inspector. Most of these courses are at least four days long. In 1999, fourteen of these courses will be offered. Most of these courses are team taught. Experts from industry, DOT, and academia teach a portion of each course. Based on the comments from the participants, some from other states, the courses have been, in general, a welcome addition to the industry.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1999, Issue 1378 (January 1999)
- 9780803154131 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1999. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28007121