Development of Multidirectional Fiber-Reinforced Plastics / Y. Suezawa, M. Takemoto, S. Takahashi
- Conference Author:
- Composite Materials: Testing and Design (Fourth Conference) (4th : 1976 : Valley Forge, Pa.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Suezawa, Y., Takahashi, S., Takemoto, M., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Multidirectional (M-D) fiber-reinforced plastics (FRP) of isotropic strength have been developed utilizing a fluidized bed. Tension, compression, and bending tests were carried out on these M-D FRP, and their fracture modes also were examined paying special attention to the surface of crack initiation. Based upon the results obtained, an improvement of the strength of these composite materials was tried by retreatment of the cut end-surface of strands and use of appropriate ductile matrix. Thus we obtained an object of considerable satisfying strength.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1977, Issue 617 (January 1977)
- 9780803146907 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1977. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28007468