Possibilities for Microstructural Control During Hot Working of Austenitic Stainless Steels / B. Ahlblom, W. Roberts
- Conference Author:
- MiCon 78: Optimization of Processing, Properties, and Service Performance Through Microstructural Control (1978 : Houston, Texas)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (10 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ahlblom, B., Roberts, T. W., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The development of fine-grained microstructures by hot working to strains sufficient to effect at least partial dynamic recrystallization has been investigated by hot compression experiments on two austenitic stainless steels. After deformation, specimens were either held at the working temperature or cooled at a constant rate. As expected, fine structures are produced after working at low temperatures but, unfortunately, these tend to be mixed, the smaller grains originating from dynamic recrystallization and the coarser from static (metadynamic) recrystallization during holding/cooling. This heterogeneity is less pronounced after working at higher temperatures and, for given deformation conditions, tends to be eliminated as the cooling rate is reduced.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1979, Issue 672 (January 1979)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803147423 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1979. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28007537