Driving Resistance and Bearing Capacity of Vibro-Driven Model Piles / W. E. Schmid
- Conference Author:
- Performance of Deep Foundations (1968 : San Francisco, Calif.)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1969.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Schmid, W. E.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- The driving resistance of a vibro-driven pile is analyzed by establishing a dynamic force equilibrium between the vibratory exciter force, the inertia forces, and the soil resistance as a function of time for a rigid body type of pile vibration. The driving resistance has a periodic variation and depends on the vibratory velocity of the pile. For each cycle the motion of the pile must be such that the velocity at some time is zero. It is at these instances that the viscous resistance also must be zero, and the only resistance to pile penetration remaining must be the static bearing capacity. A series of model experiments were performed during which the dynamic force input, the acceleration, and the point resistance of a model pile were measured. The results show a comparison between calculated and observed values for driving resistance and bearing capacity.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1969, Issue 444 (January 1969)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1969. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28007671