Intergranular Corrosion in 12 Percent Chromium Ferritic Stainless Steels / RA. Lula, JA. Davis
- Conference Author:
- Intergranual Corrosion of Stainless Alloys (1977 : Toronto, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Davis, JA.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Intergranular corrosion of Types 409, 405, and 410 stainless steels was evaluated in the heat treated and welded condition. Standard ASTM Method A 262 corrosion tests are too severe for 11 to 13 percent chromium steels, and two modified tests were developed: 65 percent nitric acid at 49¿̐ưC (140¿̐ưF) and 50 percent sulfuric acid-cupric sulfate at 49¿̐ưC (140¿̐ưF). Type 409, a titanium stabilized ferritic steel, shows intergranular corrosion in nitric acid but is immune in the cupric sulfate test. Type 405 with a duplex structure shows intergranular corrosion in both tests. Type 410 with a martensitic structure does not exhibit intergranular corrosion. The behavior of these steels is explained based on their microstructure.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1978, Issue 656 (January 1978)
- 9780803147256 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1978. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28007769