The Ductile-to-Brittle Transition Behavior of Martensitic Steels Neutron Irradiated to 26 dpa / W-L Hu, DS. Gelles
- Conference Author:
- Influence of Radiation on Material Properties: 13th International Symposium (Part II) (13th : 1986 : Seattle, WA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hu, W-L, Gelles, DS., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Charpy impact tests were conducted on specimens made of HT-9 and 9Cr-1Mo in various heat treatment conditions that were irradiated in EBR-II to 26 dpa at 390 to 500¿̐ưC. The results are compared with previous results on specimens irradiated to 13 dpa. HT-9 base metal irradiated at low temperatures showed a small additional increase in ductile brittle transition temperature and a decrease in upper shelf energy from 13 to 26 dpa. No fluence effect was observed in 9Cr-1Mo base metal. The 9Cr-1Mo weldment showed degraded ductile-to-brittle transition temperature (DBTT) but improved upper shelf energy (USE) response compared to base metal, contrary to previous findings on HT-9. Significant differences were observed in HT-9 base metal between mill annealed material and normalized and tempered material. The highest DBTT for HT-9 alloys was 50¿̐ưC higher than for the worst case in 9Cr-1Mo alloys. Fractography and hardness measurements were also obtained. Significant differences in fracture appearance were observed in different product forms, although no dependence on fluence was observed. Failure was controlled by the preirradiation microstructure.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 956 (January 1987)
- 9780803150171 (e-ISBN), 9780803109636, and 0803109636
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 7.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28007862