- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- This paper gives an early history of various back-up materials, and elaborates on early sealant failures which were due in part to improper joint design. Satisfactory joint sealant performance therefore depended on proper selection of back-up materials and proper joint design. The authors elaborate on the latest technology. General requirements and proposed tests for back-up materials from ASTM Subcommittee C24.40 are given.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1976, Issue 606 (January 1976)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1976. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008159