Corrosion Performance of Aluminum and Zinc-Aluminum Thermal Spray Coatings in Marine Environments / BA. Shaw, AM. Leimkuhler, PJ. Moran
- Conference Author:
- Testing of Metallic and Inorganic Coatings (1986 : Chicago, IL)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (19 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Leimkuhler, AM., Moran, PJ., Shaw, BA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The long-term marine corrosion performance of commercially pure aluminum, commercially pure zinc, two layered zinc-aluminum, and two zinc-aluminum coatings on steel substrates was evaluated. The investigation consisted of marine exposures and an electrochemical evaluation of coating polarization behavior. Corrosion exposures were conducted in the marine atmosphere, the marine splash and spray zone, and under full seawater immersion. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM), electron probe microanalysis (EPMA), and X-ray diffraction were utilized for topographic, compositional, and structural analyses of the coatings.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 947 (January 1987)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803150102 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 17.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008205