Field Testing the Durability of One-Component and Two-Component Zinc Silicate Coatings / L. Dukic
- Conference Author:
- Testing of Metallic and Inorganic Coatings (1986 : Chicago, IL)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (11 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Dukic, L.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- In order to determine the durability of protection of zinc silicate coatings on steel structures, in-field testing was done, with a one-component and four two-component zinc silicate coatings, which were applied on four different types of panels. Over 100 panels were exposed over four to seven years in different environments: in a corosion station, in steel structures, and in a laboratory cabinet. Topcoats of chlorinated rubber or of epoxy basis were applied on some panels. Observation of the panels was done regularly in the interval from three to six months. After a certain period of time the panels were taken out and were tested as to their physical and mechanical properties. A new original testing method and complex assessment of coating were done. The quality of the coatings was evaluated with respect to the conditions in which coatings were exposed. The paper presents the results and a new method of assessment.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 947 (January 1987)
- 9780803150102 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008211