Targeted Delivery of Pesticides from Matricap¿̐ư Compositions / R. Levy, MA. Nichols, WR. Opp
- Conference Author:
- Pesticide Formulations and Application Systems: 17th Volume (17th : 1996 : New Orleans, Louisiana)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (31 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Levy, R., Nichols, MA., Opp, WR., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A novel encapsulation system was developed for controlled delivery of bioactive agents from solid matrices. The efficacy of several encapsulation techniques and polymer or nonpolymer coating/coating-complex formulations in regulating the controlled-delivery duration and profile of the biopesticides Bacillus thuringiensis var. israelensis or Bacillus sphaericus and the insect growth regulators methoprene or pyriproxyfen from solid carrier matrices such as Biodac or corn cob granules was evaluated against larvae of the mosquitoes Aedes taeniorhynchus, Anopheles albimanus, and Culex quinquefasciatus or nymphs of the German cockroach Blattella germanica. Results of a series of bioassays against mosquito larvae in a variety of water qualities suggested that the solid controlled-delivery compositions could be used to direct the biopesticides or growth regulators to specific surface and/or subsurface areas of a water column to target the feeding zones and/or orientation patterns of each type of mosquito for prolonged periods. Cockroach bioassays indicated that a bait-growth regulator formulation could be encapsulated within several types of polymer-base compositions and slow-released for extended periods.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1997, Issue 1328 (January 1997)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803153783 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 12.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1997. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008290