Thermally Induced Loads in Single Ply Membranes / RG. Turenne, HK. Stenman, MN. Mech, O. Dutt
- Conference Author:
- Roofing Research and Standards Development: 3rd Volume (3rd : 1994 : Montreal, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Dutt, O
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Thermally induced loads in single ply, non-adhered membranes can exert considerable influence on their performance in cold weather. Accurate measurements, however, are difficult to obtain because of the composite nature of the materials. An apparatus was designed and constructed at NRCC that can test four specimens simultaneously for measuring induced loads. The environmental chamber is fitted with four sets of mini-grips and load cells. It is cooled by liquid nitrogen and controlled by a PID controller. The data are stored in a micro computer. Samples of non-reinforced EPDM and reinforced PVC were tested. Different testing protocols were used in order to determine which would provide the most reliable results. It was found that a faster rate of cooling tends to give lower values of load. Cooling in steps gave more consistent average values than lowering the temperature at a constant rate.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1224 (January 1994)
- 9780803152786 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008413