Recent CIE Work on Color Difference Evaluation / AR. Robertson
- Conference Author:
- Review and Evaluation of Appearance: Methods and Techniques (1984 : Montreal, Canada)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (7 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Robertson, AR., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Since the 1976 provisional recommendation of the CIELAB and CIELUV uniform color spaces and color difference formulae, a Committee of the Commission Internationale de l'Eclairage (CIE) has continued to work on the problem of color difference evaluation. In 1978 the committee published some guidelines in an effort to stimulate and coordinate research in the area. Following that, a number of studies were undertaken in which color difference ellipsoids were derived from observations of object colors. These studies have measured the effect (or lack of effect) of parameters such as the size of the color difference, the severity of the observer, and the type of dividing line between the samples. Other studies have shown that different relative weights for lightness, chroma, and hue indices may be needed for different viewing conditions and for different types of sample. Work planned for the next four years includes an attempt to assemble a single representative set of data with which color difference formulae can be tested.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 914 (January 1986)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803149793 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 20.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008452