Fatigue Crack Initiation in Superelastic Nitinol / Kenneth E. Perry, Alex Teiche
- Conference Author:
- ASTM Third Symposium on Fatigue and Fracture Metallic Medical Materials and Devices (3rd : (2012 : Atlanta, GA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (18 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Teiche, Alex, Perry, Kenneth E., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Phase shifted moir¿̐ư interferometry is used to study fatigue initiation in superelastic Nitinol. Notched four-point bend coupon samples were fatigue tested according to a multi-level amplitude test protocol tailored for medical implant applications. Fringe patterns of local strain measurements are presented for three loading sequences based on the type of loading and range of anticipated strains in service. The effect of an initial series of pre-load cycles is examined and resulting life data is accompanied by local strain results highlighting the unique mechanisms associated with the initiation of fatigue cracks and the development of effective test methods and protocols.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2013, Issue 1559 (September 2013)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803175846 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2013. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008609