Factory-Service Automatic Transmission Fluid Requirements / S. R. Sprague, R. L. Woodruff
- Conference Author:
- Symposium on Lubricants for Automotive Equipment (1962 : Los Angeles, Calif.)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (20 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Sprague, S. R.
Woodruff, R. L.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Factory-service automatic transmission fluids possess physical properties and performance features which differ substantially from the minimum Type A, Suffix A specification requirements. In some cases either the transmission life would be impaired by the use of a minimum Type A, Suffix A fluid, or desirable performance features would be deteriorated. These special factory requirements are discussed including low-temperature fluidity, frictional properties, clutch durability, antiwear characteristics, elastomer compatibility, and oxidative stability. The specialty factory fluids present questions concerning make-up oil additions and drain and refill practices. In spite of these, however, transmission manufacturers will continue to include the lubricant as an integral part of the total design. Thus service-station fluids should be carefully chosen to compromise manufacturers' conflicting recommendations.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1963, Issue 334 (January 1963)
- 9780803159808 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 13.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1963. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008651