Inclusion of Oxygen Equipment Training in Workplace Basic First Aid Curricula / LM. Starr
- Conference Author:
- Flammability and Sensitivity of Materials in Oxygen-Enriched Atmospheres: Eighth Volume (8th : 1995 : )
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Starr, LM., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations require that employers provide first aid training and supplies to ensure that employees have a safe and healthy workplace. To comply, some workplaces have acquired portable oxygen devices as part of their first aid supplies, and have completed nationally promoted oxygen training classes. However, as there has been no objective national curriculum for first aid courses or for oxygen training, course content varies. This paper reviews a newly proposed curriculum, and describes how national oxygen training courses and first aid programs can integrate mechanical, safe handling, and emergency care objectives into their courses. Recommendations for programs which appropriately describe first aid procedures and the control of hazards associated with use of oxygen equipment by first aiders are provided.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1997, Issue 1319 (January 1997)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803153721 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1997. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008747