Individual Mound Treatment for Rapid Control of Fire Ants / AG. Appel, LG. Woody
- Conference Author:
- Pesticide Formulations and Application Systems: 10th Volume (10th : 1989 : Denver, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (4 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Appel, AG., Woody, LG., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- Techniques for controlling individual mounds of the red and black imported fire ants were evaluated. Of the five techniques the following combination provided the best control: perimeter spray followed by disturbing the mound, applying the spray topically, and injecting the spray into at least 12 locations. Mounds were inactive within 3 minutes. This procedure used approximately 2 cans of wasp spray per mound and usually killed the mound. Approximately 5% of the mounds either contained live ants or relocated within 24 hours after treatment. Within 7 days, the relocated mounds had died, and there was no further relocation after 30 days. This procedure controlled ants effectively rapidly and killed treated mounds in most cases.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1990, Issue 1078 (January 1990)
- 9780803151369 (e-ISBN), 9780803113886, and 0803113889
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 2.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1990. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008910