Municipal Water from Eastern Rivers / M. E. Flentje
- Conference Author:
- Water Quality Criteria (1966 : Philadelphia, Pa.)
- West Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1967.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (9 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Flentje, M. E., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- In the eastern United States, 47 per cent of the population derive their water supply from surface sources (reservoirs and rivers) Generally, the supplies are taken from river tributaries rather than from the more polluted main stems. The paper suggests, in meeting the growing need for water it may become necessary to use more polluted sources through the utilization of the full capabilities of modern water purification plants. Examples are cited where good operation and relatively simple plant additions have increased plant capability for handling high coliform bacteria loadings, algae in high concentrations, tastes and odors, and organic matter removal. Suggested criteria limits for such plants are given.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1967, Issue 416 (January 1967)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803169531 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 19.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1967. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008919