Department of Defense Groundwater Modeling Program : An Overview / JP. Holland
- Conference Author:
- Subsurface Fluid-Flow (Ground-Water and Vadose Zone) Modeling (1996 : Denver, Colorado)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (21 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Holland, JP., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The U.S. Army Engineer Waterways Experiment Station is leading a multi-agency program, the Groundwater Modeling Program (GMP), which is developing an integrated, comprehensive groundwater modeling system (the GMS) in support of installation cleanup. The GMP includes evaluation/enhancement of existing subsurface modeling technology, subsurface flow/transport process investigations, subsurface conceptualization and uncertainty estimation, remedial alternative simulation and optimization, and technical assistance, demonstration, and verification. Version 1.0 of the GMS, which was made available in 1994 for both UNIX workstations and personal computers running Windows, includes computational tools for building and editing numerical meshes, conceptualizing subsurface environments from borehole and other data, tools for geostatistical interpretation, multiple simulation models, visualization, and animation. This system represents an initial step in the research and development required to meet the military's and the nation's needs for efficient remediation and characterization-oriented modeling. Development plans for the GMS are presented herein.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1996, Issue 1288 (January 1996)
- Other Subject(s):
- 9780803155633 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1996. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28008959