Settlement Prediction Using the Pressuremeter / RG. Lukas
- Conference Author:
- The Pressuremeter and its Marine Applications: Second International Symposium (2nd : 1986 : Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (17 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Lukas, RG., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- At seven projects sites where a complete geotechnical investigation had previously been completed, settlement readings of the foundations were obtained after the structures were completed. The measured settlements were compared with the settlements predicted using the results of pressuremeter tests and the pressuremeter method of predicting settlements. A good correlation was observed between settlements predicted for isolated load points such as for spread footings or drilled piers and a poorer correlation was obtained for large loaded areas consisting of a raft foundation. At all seven project sites, the subsoils consisted of deposits where settlement is not time dependent after loading.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1985, Issue 950 (January 1985)
- Other Subject(s):
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1985. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28009244