Development of a Web-Based Risk Assessment Modeling System / PN. Deliman, CE. Ruiz, JA. Gerald
- Conference Author:
- Environmental Toxicology and Risk Assessment: Recent Achievements in Environmental Fate and Transport: Ninth Volume (9th : 1999 : Seattle, Washington)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Ruiz, CE., Deliman, PN., Gerald, JA., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The concept for a Web-Based Risk Assessment Modeling System was originally introduced during an U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Risk Assessment Modeling Workshop held in New Orleans, Louisiana, May 1998. The workshop included experts from across the country involved in the area of risk assessment modeling. The objective of the workshop was to conceptualize a procedure which could be utilized to develop a state-of-the-art modeling system to conduct risk assessments for both ecological and human endpoints. A key component for the system would be the requirement to address uncertainty involved in the modeling process. The uncertainty inherent in predicting ecological and human risk from contaminant uptake across spatial and temporal dimensions would have to be quantified. It was decided that the Army Risk Assessment Modeling System (ARAMS) would contain the following components: (1) screening level models, (2) comprehensive models, (3) population models, (4) an uncertainty component, (5) bioaccumulation databases, and (6) effects databases. ARAMS should allow the calculation of exposure concentrations in various media, the effects of the concentrations on human or ecological endpoints, and the associated risk while incorporating uncertainty. This paper describes in more detail the conceptual model constructed during the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers workshop.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 2000, Issue 1381 (January 2000)
- 9780803154308 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 14.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 2000. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28009471