Applied Fracture Mechanics for Assessing Defect Significance in a Crude Oil Pipeline / C. Christensen, RT. Hill
- Conference Author:
- Case Histories Involving Fatigue and Fracture Mechanics (1985 : Charleston, South Carolina)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Christensen, C., Hill, RT., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The integrity and service life of a pipeline will depend, to a large extent, on the fracture toughness properties and subcritical crack growth resistance of pipes with defects either inherently present or introduced during construction or service. Unstable fracture from crack like defects can occur if the fracture toughness of the line pipe material is inferior, whereas subcritical crack growth can occur under sustained load and cyclically varying loads (fatigue). Both of these subcritical growth mechanisms can be strongly influenced by the internal pipe environment (hydrogen sulfide, carbon dioxide) and external environment (corrosion, cathodic protection)
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1986, Issue 918 (January 1986)
- 9780803149830 (e-ISBN), 9780803104853, and 0803104855
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 9.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1986. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28009489