Semiconductor Yield Enhancement Through Particle Control / ND. Casper, BW. Soren
- Conference Author:
- Emerging Semiconductor Technology (1986 : San Jose, California)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (13 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Casper, ND.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Contamination control has always been an important part of semiconductor processing. Until recently, it has been fairly easy to control particles at the level necessary to obtain satisfactory LSI device yields, by requiring personnel to wear protective clothing and by filtering the room air. However, device geometries have shrunk to the point where a more sophisticated means of identifying and controlling particles is needed in order to fabricate working VLSI devices. We have developed a method for identifying, measuring, monitoring, and controlling particles in a cleanroom. This method involves the characterization of wafer fabrication defects with respect to process equipment, measurement of particles with an automatic wafer inspection system, defect monitoring over time through control charts, and the establishment of regular cleaning procedures.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 960 (January 1987)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 3.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28009988