Deposition and Properties of Ultra-Thin High Dielectric Constant Insulators / S. Roberts, JG. Ryan, DW. Martin
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- Exploratory studies have been carried out with reactively sputtered thin films of several transition metal oxides and co-sputtered mixtures with SiO2. Good insulation behavior is observed following postdeposition oxidation anneals. Best overall electrical properties are observed with mixtures of HfO2 and SiO2, in combination with additional layers of thermal SiO2 and CVD Si3N4. Significant reduction in dielectric constant is observed with all the transition metal oxides with sub-30 nm films. High capacitance with stacks containing thermal SiO2, mixtures of HfO2 and SiO2, and CVD Si3N4 may be due to a charge storage mechanism.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1987, Issue 960 (January 1987)
- 9780803150218 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 27.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1987. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28009991