Through-the-Thickness Tensile Strength of Fiber-Reinforced Plastics / TH. Mao, MJ. Owen
- Conference Author:
- Composite Materials: Testing and Design (6th Conference) (6th : 1981 : Phoenix, Arizona)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (14 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Mao, TH., Owen, MJ., American Society for Testing and Materials, and ASTM International
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text. and License restrictions may limit access.
- The through-the-thickness tensile strength of fiber-reinforced plastics is difficult to measure, but for some purposes it is a significant design property. This property appears to be critically dependent on the test method and specimen preparation. The authors have examined the possibility of producing tensile failures in a disk subjected to diametral compression, a method well known in the field of testing of brittle isotropic materials.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1982, Issue 787 (January 1982)
- 9780803148499 (e-ISBN), 9780803106956, and 0803106955
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription., Full text article also available for purchase., and Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1982. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28010273