Validation of SHRP A-003A Flexural Beam Fatigue Test / JA. Deacon, AA. Tayebali, GM. Rowe, CL. Monismith
- Conference Author:
- Engineering Properties of Asphalt Mixtures and the Relationship to their Performance (1994 : Phoenix, AZ)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (16 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Deacon, JA.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The recently completed Strategic Highway Research Program (SHRP) Project A-003A included the development of a flexural beam test for measuring fatigue of asphalt mixes and an analysis system based on multilayer elastic theory to estimate in-situ performance. The ability of laboratory measurements¿̐ưcoupled with simulations of load response in situ¿̐ưto predict in-situ pavement performance is demonstrated. Specifically the current investigation shows that controlled-strain laboratory tests are suitable for pavement performance predictions; that A-003A test measurements are sensitive to a variety of fundamental mix properties known to affect fatigue performance and that they compare favorably with measurements using other state-of-the-art equipment; and that, using calibrations developed by the investigation, in-service pavement performance can be predicted for a variety of mixtures, climates, pavement structures, and traffic loadings. Attempts to simulate mixture performance under the accelerated testing of both laboratory wheel tracking and ALF experimentation yielded mixed results.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1995, Issue 1265 (January 1995)
- 9780803153134 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 4.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1995. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28010342