Analysis of a Well-Performing Desert Pavement / P. Sebaaly, V. Thirmarayappa, J. Epps, L. Quilici
- Conference Author:
- Engineering Properties of Asphalt Mixtures and the Relationship to their Performance (1994 : Phoenix, AZ)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (20 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Epps, J.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- A flexible pavement project located in the southern part of the state on I-15 near Las Vegas was selected for this investigation. The pavement section consists of an overlay that was constructed in 1970. Twenty two years later, this pavement is still showing excellent performance under the severe weather conditions and heavy traffic loading. As part of this investigation, slabs and cores were cut from the pavement section and laboratory tests were conducted on the various materials. The rheological properties of the recovered asphalt binder were evaluated and compared to the newly developed SHRP specifications. The properties of mixtures that were evaluated included the following: In situ air voids, resilient modulus at various temperatures, moisture sensitivity, and permanent deformation characteristics. The extracted aggregates were also tested for any degradation and their gradation curves were compared to the FHWA and SUPERPAVE recommendations.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1995, Issue 1265 (January 1995)
- 9780803153134 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 5.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1995. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28010350