Sampling Design for Some Trace Elemental Distributions in New York Bight Sediments / SB. Saila, EL. Anderson, HA. Walker
- Conference Author:
- Biological Data in Water Pollution Assessment: Quantitative and Statistical Analyses (1977 : Minneapolis, Minnesota)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (12 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Anderson, EL.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- Subscription required for access to full text.
License restrictions may limit access.
- The paper outlines a model to describe the spatial distribution of selected trace elements (chromium, copper, nickel, lead, and zinc) in New York Bight sediments. Empirical tests of the fit of existing data by means of cumulative probability plots on log-normal probability paper and goodness-of-fit tests demonstrate conformity to the log-normal distribution predicted by the model. An adaptive sampling strategy for describing the spatial distribution of the trace elements is developed, based on a knowledge of the sampling distributions of the elements. The spatial distribution of the sampling stations conforms to the expected nonuniformity of the trace metal concentrations of interest, providing for a more efficient allocation of sampling effort.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1978, Issue 652 (January 1978)
- 9780803147225 (e-ISBN)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 10.
- Other Forms:
- Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
Also available in PDF edition.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1978. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28010372