Backcalculation of System Parameters for Jointed Rigid Pavements / DR. Hiltunen, R. Roque
- Conference Author:
- Nondestructive Testing of Pavements and Backcalculation of Moduli: Second Volume (2nd : 1993 : Atlanta, GA)
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (15 pages) : illustrations, figures, tables
- Additional Creators:
- Hiltunen, DR.
American Society for Testing and Materials
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
Subscription required for access to full text.
- Machine generated contents note: Advanced Backcalculation Techniques / J. Uzan -- SHRP's Layer Moduli Backcalculation Procedure / G. Rada / P. Jordahl / C. Richter -- Methodology for Identifying Material Properties in Pavements Modeled as Layered Viscoelastic Half Spaces / A. Magnuson / N. Stubbs / V. Torpunuri / R. Lytton -- Backcalculation of Pavement Layer Moduli, Thicknesses, and Bedrock Depth Using a Modified Newton Method / G. Baladi / R. Raad / T. Mahwood / R. Harrichandran -- Improved Methods for AC/PCC Pavement Backcalculation and Evaluation / M. Darter / K. Hall -- Concrete Pavement Backcalculation Using ILLI-BACK / A. Ioannides -- Dynamic Analysis of FWD Loading and Pavement Response Using a Three-Dimensional Dynamic Finite - Element Program / T. White / B. Coree / V. Drnevich / S. Zaghloul -- Verification of Pavement Response Models / J. Krarup / T. Wahlman / P. Ullidtz -- Field Validation of a Methodology to Identify Material Properties in Pavements Modeled as Layered Viscoelastic Halfspaces / V. S. Torpunur / R. L. Lytton / A. H. Magnuson / N. Stubbs -- Comparing Laboratory and Backcalculated Layer Moduli on Instrumented Pavement Sections / R. E. Smith / T. Akram / T. Scullion -- In-Situ and Laboratory Characterization of Nonlinear Pavement Layer Moduli / K. P. George / W. Uddin -- A Pavement Evaluation Procedure Incorporating Material Non-Linearity / J. R. De Almeida / S. F. Brown / N. H. Thom -- Effect of Material Stress Sensitivity on Backcalculated Moduli and Pavement Evaluation / N. F. Coetzee / R. N. Stubstad / J. P. Mahoney -- Misleading Results from Nondestructive Testing - A Case Study / P. S. McCaffrey, Jr. / J. W. Hall, Jr. -- Stochastic Analysis of Errors in Remaining Life Due to Misestimation of Pavement Parameters in NDT / S. Nazarian / C. Ferregut / K. M. Vennalaganti -- Interpretation of Dynamic Survey Measurement on Pavement with Treated Roadbase / P. Lepert / P. Caprioli -- Phase LAG Effects on Analysis of FWD Data / S. Holikatti / P. E. Sebaaly -- The Effect of Annular Load Distributions on the Backcalculated of Moduli of Asphalt Pavement Layers / J. A. Crovetti / M. Y. Shahin -- Effects of Pavement-Falling Weight Deflectomer Interaction on Measured Pavement Response / S. Nazarian / K. M. Boddapati -- Radar for Pavement Thickness Evaluation / K. R. Maser / E. Fernando / W. M. K. Roddis / T. Scullion -- A Comparison of Laboratory and Field Subgrade Moduli at the Minnesota Road Research Project / D. A. Van Deusen / C. A. Lenngren / D. E. Newcomb -- Detection of Multi-Course Pavement Layers by the SASW Method / N. Gucunski -- Strategies for Application of the Falling Weight Deflectomer to Evaluate Load Transfer Efficiency at Joints in Jointed Concrete Pavements / M. R. Murphy / A. Wimsatt / D. J. Jackson -- Field Testing and Structural Evaluation of Selected Concrete Pavement Sections in Florida / M. Tia / C. L. Wu -- Backcalculation of System Parameters for Jointed Rigid Pavements / D. R. Hiltunen / R. Roque -- Evaluation of Support Conditions Under Jointed Concrete Pavement Slabs / M. R. T. Crovetti / J. A. Crovetti -- Determination of Voids Under Rigid Pavements Using Impulse Method / S. Reddy / M. Baker / S. Nazarian -- Evaluation of NDT Equipment for Measuring Voids Under Concrete Pavements / W. R. Hudson / W. Uddin -- The Quest for a Standard Guide to NDT Backcalculation / R. W. May / H. L. Von Quintus.
- A procedure has been developed to backcalculate parameters required for the mechanistic evaluation of jointed rigid pavements. The two paramters are the coefficient of dowel/concrete interaction (G), and the coefficient of subgrade reaction (k) in the vicinity of the joint. The procedure involves two primary steps. First, actual FWD tests are conducted at the joints of the pavement system, and the deflection transfer efficiency and the surface deflection under the FWD load are determined. Next, a finite element model of the pavement system is used to determine the relationship between deflection transfer efficiency and surface deflection. This relationship is developed for a range of G and k values, holding all other input parameters fixed. With the two FWD measurements and the theoretical relationship between the two, the G and k parameters can be determined for the pavement system under evaluation.
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Volume 1994, Issue 1198 (January 1994)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references 3.
- Other Forms:
- Also available in PDF edition.
Also available online via the World Wide Web. Tables of contents and abstracts freely available; full-text articles available by subscription.
Full text article also available for purchase.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. W. Conshohocken, Pa. : ASTM International, 1994. Mode of access: World Wide Web. System requirements: Web browser. Access may be restricted to users at subscribing institutions.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Source of Acquisition:
- ASTM International PDF Purchase price USD25.
View MARC record | catkey: 28010445