Pvt. Alexander Milone, Normandy, France, to Mrs. Lillian Milone, Brooklyn, New York : Correspondence 1944
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: From Private Alexander Milone, Normandy, France, to his mother Mrs. Lillian Milone, Brooklyn, New York. In the Cannon Company. Has been unable to answer the two letters he received in the past three days; does not understand why she has not received any of the letters he has sent since he arrived in France; reunited with some of his friends from M Company; saw another movie; weather is still rainy and miserable; hopes the war is ending soon; went to Mass and Communion the previous day; requests food items; tells her that the post office should not give her any trouble or he'll have to confront the postmaster after the war. Signs off as Sonny. Purple "Brooklyn, NY. (Vanderveer Sta.) Parcel Post" stamp on the back of the last page; dated 3 August 1944. Personal caption next to the stamp: "Sent package with this letter & wasn't stamped. July 22.".
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Pvt. Alexander Milone, Normandy, France, to Mrs. Lillian Milone, Brooklyn, New York 10-Jul-44.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28011093