Letter from Millard Babin, England, to Mrs. Marie Zeller, New Orleans, Louisiana : Correspondence 1944
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Letter from Millard Babin, England, to Mrs. Marie Zeller, New Orleans, Louisiana. Millard writes to Marie about her son Emmett's death. "I seemed to be stuck for words to tell you of just how I felt and still feel at the loss of Emmitt's friendship and presence." Millard recalls their friendship in youth; of Emmett singing in the choir; basketball games; daredevil behavior; boxing; joining the circus, and joining the Air Corps. Emmett told Millard not to tell Marie that he was in Heavy Bombardment, and not part of the ground crew because he didn't want his mother to worry. Millard and many others admired Emmett and they are all sad that he is gone.
- Other Subject(s):
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Letter from Millard Babin, England, to Mrs. Marie Zeller, New Orleans, Louisiana 5-Jul-44.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28015222