Signal Corps photograph of several men including a US Army captain, a German or Nazi officer, and a bank official : Photograph 1945
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Signal Corps photo of several men including a US Army captain, a German or Nazi officer, and a bank official watch as drums of gold are rolled from a cave where the Germans had hidden it for protection. Caption stamped on reverse: "17 May 45 5/MM-45-9138 Fifth Army, Fortezza Area, Italy. Capt. George H. Lester, Birmingham, Ala., BTRY. A, 337th F. A. Bn., 88th Div., and Mr. Mario de Santis, Bank of Italy official, checks with the aid of a German officer the drums of gold being rolled out of cave. Gold was part of German loot in Italy and was hidden in case to protect it from our air raids. Photo by Phillips 196th Signal Photo Co." Fortezza, Italy.
- Other Subject(s):
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Signal Corps photograph of several men including a US Army captain, a German or Nazi officer, and a bank official 17-May-45.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28015726