Series I. Personal correspondence, 1943-1946 : Correspondence; V-mail; Photograph; Cartoons and Comics; Postcard 1943-1946
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: This series (2 folders) consists of personal correspondence from Dean Schuneman, to his mother, Edith Stokes, South Dakota. The correspondence begins while Schuneman is attending the Army engineering program at the University of Oklahoma. He is then sent to basic training at Camp Howze, Texas, in March 1944. In November 1944 his unit is located in France, and Schuneman is still there when his overseas correspondence in February 1945. His correspondence picks up again in January 1946, after he had returned to the United States, married his Billie June Pringle, and was stationed at Camp McCoy, Wisconsin. On 23 January 1946 he was honorably discharged from the Army and continued to write to his mother as a civilian until February 1946.;Personal correspondence, military documents, souvenirs, and photographs from the service of Sergeant Dean Schuneman, who served with the 411th Infantry Regiment, 103rd Infantry Division, Seventh Army in the European Theater of Operations. The collection is arranged into four series: I. Personal correspondence, 1943-1946; II. Military documents and correspondence, 1943-1945; III. Souvenirs, 1941-1946; and IV. Photographs, 1923-1945.
- Other Subject(s):
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Series I. Personal correspondence, 1943-1946 1943-1946.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28016867