Series I. Documents belonging to Herchel La Quintus Camp, 1942-1948 : Correspondence; Ephemera; Photograph; Greetings Card 1942-1948
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: This series (1 folder) consists of documents belonging to Herchel La Quintus Camp, a civilian who worked for the railroad industry in the state of Alabama. Camp was born on 2 September 1894 in Mississippi. On 25 June 1918, he enlisted in the United States Army and was honorably discharged on 23 June 1919. Camp then moved to Birmingham, Alabama, and worked in the railroad industry. On 8 October 1929, he married Lula Bell Rigg, and the two remained together until Campâ€™s death on 13 April 1946. Documents from the collection include: paystubs; tax returns; correspondence from the Brotherhood of Locomotive Firemen & Enginemen, Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen; correspondence and paystubs from the Atlanta, Birmingham and Coast Railroad Company; a roster of Atlanta, Birmingham and Coast Railroad Company coworkers who contributed to helping Lula Camp after he husbandâ€™s death; Railroad Retirement Board correspondence sent to Lula Camp after Herchel Campâ€™s death; a photograph of a young boy; and personal correspondence sent to Herchel and Lula Camp.;The collection largely consists of documents belonging to Herchel La Quintus Camp (2 September 1894 - 13 April 1946), Staff Sergeant Charles Goldsmith (13 August 1912 - 5 September 2002), and Corporal Theodore Webster (27 February 1906 - 18 February 2002).
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Series I. Documents belonging to Herchel La Quintus Camp, 1942-1948 1942-1948.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28020884