Series III. Personal correspondence, L-P : Correspondence; V-mail 1943-1946
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: This series consists of 33 letters to Miss Bernice Bohlmann, Baldwin, New York, from seven different students whose surnames fall in the range of L-P. The senders are: Joseph Edward Lasanella, who served on the USS Dorchester in the Pacific Theater of Operations; Herbert Lee, who was training at several different naval schools in the United States; Private First Class David Leiser, who served with the 731st Field Artillery Battalion in the European Theater of Operations; Private Gerald McHugh, who served with the 559th Field Artillery Battalion in the European Theater of Operations; Sergeant Frank Musso, who served with the 339th Fighter Squadron in the Pacific Theater of Operations; Private First Class John Orgill, who served in the Pacific Theater of Operations; and Ed Pruden, who was at the United States Maritime Service Training Station in Sheepshead Bay, New York.;Personal correspondence sent to Ms. Bernice "Bunny" Bohlmann, who was a high school teacher in Baldwin, New York. Several of Bohlmannâ€™s former students joined the Armed Forces during World War II and wrote to her during their service. The collection is arranged into seven series: I. Personal correspondence, A-D, 1943-1945; II. Personal correspondence, F-J, 1943-1946; III. Personal correspondence, L-P, 1943-1946; IV. Personal correspondence, S-W, 1943-1946; V. Personal correspondence from unknown senders, 1943-1945; VI. Postcards; and VII. Miscellaneous.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Series III. Personal correspondence, L-P 1943-1946.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28021402