Buddhists with elaborately decorated howdah, drums and parasol : Photograph 1944
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Buddhists with elaborately decorated howdah, drums and parasol. Personal caption: "Buddhists with the parasol and the howdah they carried in a procession up the Himalayan Mountains at Darjeeling. Lieutenant William Hughes earlier had seen the procession winding up a mountain trail below Darjeeling and the marchers actually walked up through the clouds. The first time Lt. Hughes knew they were in the vicinity was when he saw two human hands (belonging to one of the Buddhist monks) reaching up through the clouds in supplication. It was a startling and awesome sight." Darjeeling, India.
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Buddhists with elaborately decorated howdah, drums and parasol 1944.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28023025