Colonel Boogie newsletter, vol. 1. no. 61 : Periodical 1945
- Marlborough, Wiltshire : Adam Matthew Digital, 2019.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Adam Matthew Digital (Firm)
- Description: Colonel Boogie newsletter, vol. 1. no. 61. Newsletter gives updates on troop movements in Germany. Air bombers struck Berlin for the 9th night in a row. The Russians are moving west towards the Baltic. American troops hold more than half the island of Iwo Jima. Roosevelt will address Congress about the Crimea Conference. Editorial by S/Sgt William D. Leahon describes the inconveniences locals face when billeting soldiers as well as the perks of having GIs in the home. "Walk among the houses in the evening and listen to the hilarity and merriment behind the very shutters where so shortly ago there was nothing but anguish and silence.".
- Other Subject(s):
- Original Version:
- Reproduction of: Colonel Boogie newsletter, vol. 1. no. 61 1-Mar-45.
- Location of Originals:
- The National WWII Museum
- Copyright Note:
- Material sourced from The National WWII Museum
View MARC record | catkey: 28030912