R Data Science Quick Reference [electronic resource] : A Pocket Guide to APIs, Libraries, and Packages / by Thomas Mailund
- Mailund, Thomas
- Berkeley, CA : Apress : Imprint: Apress, 2019.
- 1st ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 246 pages 11 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1. Introduction -- 2. Importing Data: readr -- 3. Representing Tables: tibble -- 4. Reformatting Tables: tidyr -- 5. Pipelines: magrittr -- 6. Functional Programming: purrr -- 7. Manipulating Data Frames: dplyr -- 8. Working with Strings: stringr -- 9. Working with Factors: forcats -- 10. Working with Dates: lubridate -- 11. Working with Models: broom and modelr -- 12. Plotting: ggplot2 -- 13. Conclusions.
- In this handy, practical book you will cover each concept concisely, with many illustrative examples. You'll be introduced to several R data science packages, with examples of how to use each of them. In this book, you'll learn about the following APIs and packages that deal specifically with data science applications: readr, tibble, forcates, lubridate, stringr, tidyr, magnittr, dplyr, purrr, ggplot2, modelr, broom, knitr, shiny, and more. After using this handy quick reference guide, you'll have the code, APIs, and insights to write data science-based applications in the R programming language. You'll also be able to carry out data analysis. You will: Get started with RMarkdown and notebooks Import data with readr Work with categories using forcats, time and dates with lubridate, and strings with stringr Format data using tidyr and then transform that data using magrittr and dplyr Write functions with R for data science, data mining, and analytics-based applications Visualize data with ggplot 2 and data fit for models using modelr and broom Report results with markdown, knitr, shiny, and more.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28032959