Biomechanics of the Brain [electronic resource] / edited by Karol Miller
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2019.
- 2nd ed. 2019.
- Physical Description:
- VIII, 353 pages 166 illustrations, 116 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Miller, Karol and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Biological and Medical Physics, Biomedical Engineering, 1618-7210
- Chapter1. Introduction -- Chapter2. Introduction to brain anatomy -- Chapter3. Introduction to brain imaging -- Chapter4. Brain Tissue Mechanical Properties -- Chapter5. Modeling of the Brain for Injury Simulation and Prevention -- Chapter6. Biomechanical modelling of the brain for neurosurgical simulation and neuroimage registration -- chapter7. Biomechanical modelling of the brain for neuronavigation in epilepsy surgery -- Chapter8. Dynamics of Cerebrospinal Fluid. From Theoretical Models to Clinical Applications. Chapter9. Computational Fluid Dynamics for the Assessment of Cerebrospinal Fluid Flow and Its Coupling with Cerebral Blood Flow. Chapter10. Finite Element Algorithms for Computational Biomechanics of the Brain -- Chapter11. Meshless Algorithms for Computational Biomechanics of the Brain -- Chapter12. Intraoperative Measurement of Brain Deformation -- Chapter13. Computational biomechanics of the brain in the operating theatre.
- This new edition presents an authoritative account of the current state of brain biomechanics research for engineers, scientists and medical professionals. Since the first edition in 2011, this topic has unquestionably entered into the mainstream of biomechanical research. The book brings together leading scientists in the diverse fields of anatomy, neuroimaging, image-guided neurosurgery, brain injury, solid and fluid mechanics, mathematical modelling and computer simulation to paint an inclusive picture of the rapidly evolving field. Covering topics from brain anatomy and imaging to sophisticated methods of modeling brain injury and neurosurgery (including the most recent applications of biomechanics to treat epilepsy), to the cutting edge methods in analyzing cerebrospinal fluid and blood flow, this book is the comprehensive reference in the field. Experienced researchers as well as students will find this book useful.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 28032977